Uggh. Are you feeling it? The need to shed, to move, to stir it up, shake it off…time for a spring reboot! I love this term ‘reboot’ from Joe Cross. He’s the inspiring story featured in the film Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Click here to check out all of the great supports on his site: Reboot with Joe.
Here’s a lovely thing to do for yourself. It’s inspired by a few different recipes with a bit of recipe improv thrown in. Be creative, use what you have.
- Spread coconut oil onto sides and bottom of baking dish.
- Mix chopped apples with 1 cup of frozen mango chunks (or anything else you like).
- Add some sulphured cranberries, a few soaked and chopped prunes (or anything else you like).
- Add lots of cinnamon, some nutmeg and a bit of ground coriander.
- Soak some almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Rub the skins off the almonds and chop.
- In a small bowl mix blanched almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds with hemp seeds and raw cocoa nibs (or anything else you like) with a some coconut oil (a tbsp or 2 until it is somewhat bound together).
- Spread fruit into baking dish. Add the seed and nut crumble on top.
- Bake 375 for 40 min. or apples are soft.
Reheat a bit with almond milk for breakfast. Add no fat Greek yogurt for a mid-afternoon snack. Add to quinoa porridge. You get the idea.